JSK News

JSK News

JSK News

March Madness at JSK

Team+photo
Team photo

Basketball season has begun at JSK. On Friday, March 15th, we kicked off a basketball tournament at QTC with JSK High School and Co-op Tech. Our sports connoisseur, Mr. C, coordinated and organized the event to celebrate and build camaraderie for the students. About 25 students came out to play the game on Friday with some other students sitting in the bleachers showing support to their peers. The JSK students were coached by our community coordinator, Mr. Jeff and 1/3 of our Social Work team, Ms. Cruz. The Co-op tech students were coached by the Art customization teacher, Mr. Ramos and Ms. Tova, another social worker supporting students at JSK.

“For many of the kids, it was their first time playing in front of a crowd. The game went well. There was good action between JSK and Co-op.” said Mr. C

The ultimate goal was to improve better communication between students. We believe the goal was achieved, especially by JSK students who won with a score of 48 points. We hope to see more events like this for students in the near future.