JSK News

The Student News Site of The Judith S. Kaye School

JSK News

JSK News

End Of The Year Benchmark Brunch and Award Ceremony

JSK News Staff
JSK Students at the End of the year Benchmark Brunch/Award Ceremony

On Wednesday, December 20, 2023, Judith S Kaye hosted their annual end-of-the-year benchmark brunch and award ceremony.

The award ceremony kicked off with students being honored with certificates and recognition for their efforts in multiple categories. Before the event started, the assistant principal Ms.Brown said “We had to make some adjustments in our honor roll curriculum because you guys did so well this trimester, everybody would’ve received Honor Roll.”

Everybody looked so proud when she said this because this is what all the students worked so hard for. Eventually, it started and there were awards such as Honor Roll (students who achieved 80+ in all courses), High Honor Roll ( students who achieved 90+ in all courses), Academic awards for all subjects, JSK Newsies award, Excellence in Attendance, The Go Getters (dedicated and determined) and Value Awards such as resilience, integrity and community values.

After everybody received their awards they ate brunch and relaxed. This experience was very heartwarming for students because nothing feels better than being rewarded for all their hard work. It makes students strive harder.  As a result, many are looking forward to the next award ceremony.

Breana Boodran who received an award for Honor Roll, Global History, and ELA says ” I was shocked that I received Honor Roll and it took me by surprise that I received two more awards because I’m still new to this school so I didn’t expect it. I did feel very proud of myself because it goes to show that although I’m still new to this school, I did everything I was supposed to do and got good grades which paid off.”